Neat-- had a hard time telling what my inputs were doing, but sometimes I would launch them pretty far and the "new co-host" indicator was satisfying to watch pop. I noticed you used GMS1, i am also using game maker (studio 2 though). The worst thing about it is depth = -y doesn't work anymore.
Giant Bomb's 10 Year Launch Window
A downloadable game for Windows
The Numbers Keep Going Up.
- Pick 1 of 3 shows to run every day, inspired by features from GB history.
- The person hosting takes a run at producing content
- Every time they "interact" with a co-host, their popularity rubs off on them, making the popularity of the co-host increase by the host's popularity rating.
- The further the host gets, the more views the show gets, and the more popular the site gets.
- If I had time, site popularity would lead to unlocking more shows to run! But with only a week and a day job, just take pleasure in watching the numbers go up! Forever.
UPDATE (KINDA): I HOPE Y'ALL LIKE SEEING GAME DESIGN NOTES LIKE I LIKE SEEING GAME DESIGN NOTES
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
I'm on an old version of GMS1 even, but last time I tried to update it the whole thing got unstable, so I guess I wont be updated until the next time I need to start from a fresh HDD. Besides, I got some export modules really cheap thru Humble so to me upgrading sounds like a great way to reduce my possible audience.
Why wouldn't that trick work anymore? Also, that sounds like a fun trick~ I generally think in terms of player layer / object layer / etc, but if I ever try something isometric that sounds like a must-do!
I can't figure out how to play it.